Monday, June 23, 2014

Yes, I would like cheese with my whine.

I admit it- I'm feeling pretty green this week.
Not sick, no. Envious.

Friends and colleagues are travelling to Providence, Rhode Island for the General Assembly (GA) of the Unitarian Universalist Association of congregations. It's a giant meeting and worship service and celebration with over four thousand people attending. 

I went to GA for four years while I held a leadership position in my professional organization. Quite honestly, it was generally a pretty exhausting week and thousands of people are an awful lot for me and I was looking forward to the break.

But now the time has come and I am just whiny. 

I miss unpacking my suitcase to see which stuffed animal my son smuggled in there for me.
I miss the energy and the new ideas.
I miss exploring the streets and restaurants of another town.
I really miss the colleagues I rarely get to see.

And they call the convention center the Dunk*?  Oh, I'm envious about that, too.

Facebook really does not help. Names and photos (of people and of their delicious frosty beverages) stream across my page. There's a certain assumption that 'everyone' will be there, making me extrasuperpetulant.

I'm sure that at some point I'll get over myself or at least come up with some sort of strategy to be less whiny. Or my family might lock me out of the house.


*Dunkin Donuts, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment