Saturday, February 22, 2014

Studying sans study couch


Pollen aside, it was a lovely day here today--sunny and warm, a light breeze.. I decided sermon* research could happen outside.


Observations:
  • My lawn has a lot of bees. That probably has something to do with the fact that my lawn is comprised mostly of flowering weeds. But the flowers are pretty.  And bees! (This should get me some sort of exemption from Homeowners Association Landscaping Meanies.)
  • The small lizard who's been living between our glass door and screen door is alive and well.  Excellent hiding place, lots of opportunities for basking.
  • There are at least another two lizards per square yard out there.  And they rustle leaves.
  • I'm not going to preach about "castration anxiety," no matter how many pages Mr. Bettelheim devotes to it.
  • Blue jays do not appreciate my call mimicry.
  • We really need to trim the rosebushes back.
  • It takes a long time to read forty pages when NATURE is happening all around you.  But it's a lovely time.


*Sermon is NEXT Sunday, not tomorrow.  Hopefully I'll be done researching before this time next week.
Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment