Friday, February 28, 2014

Zzzzz.zombies!

I have a hard time with horror movies.  My brain can't really distinguish what is made up when it is on the screen, so I am quickly overwhelmed and the fear lasts.

And yet... I love the new (ok, last ten years) batch of zombie movies.

This evening I watched Zombieland, which is basically National Lampoon's Family Vacation.. with zombies. The road trip and the disagreements and the unnecessary anxieties, a death along the way...  

Warm Bodies is Romeo and Juliet, with zombies.
Shaun of the Dead... it's a buddy flick to be certain.  But I'm not sure which particular film. Ideas?

All three of these movies have some gore, but they are primarily about relationship and about hope.
Maybe that is why they appeal to me, even if I do need to bury my head in more disgusting scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment