Thursday, May 14, 2015

Holes

It was two months ago that my son had his medical emergency. Life, in many ways, is back to normal-- school and work routines and all that. Our familial sense of humor is a bit darker, perhaps, and sometimes we worry about things we wouldn't have earlier.

Today, looking over the agenda for a conference call, I saw my name listed as a member of a task force. I emailed a colleague on the task force, sheepishly asking what that task force might be?

You see, I have a hard time recalling things that happened shortly before the crisis days. Even when I read over notes I took in meetings I attended, I cannot form a real picture. I'm told this is not uncommon--my brain got full of other things.

It just makes catching up interesting. Thankfully, I have understanding colleagues.

No comments:

Post a Comment