Monday, February 9, 2015

Making Home

I'm a lousy housekeeper. I don't necessarily notice messes, and even when I see them, well, I'd rather read a book than tidy things.

But I am not without some domestic graces. I can cook and bake up a storm, and generally I can keep us in clean clothes and such.

Today was my day off from church work. I relaxed most of the morning, and then managed the following:


  • Hard boiled eggs (14 of them did not make their own sculpture in the boiling water)
  • Sourdough, transformed into rolls for dinner, and this many-layered cinnamon bread
  • Pinto beans, cooked up from scratch, which were then split between charro beans and venison chili
  • Delish Swiss chard (because there has to be some vegetable to counter the cinnamon bread...)
  • Two loads of laundry, washed and folded
And I managed to have conversations with everyone I live with.  Bills and paperwork (and tidying) will wait for another day.




No comments:

Post a Comment