Saturday, June 20, 2015

Not Heading to General Assembly

Next week several thousand Unitarian Universalists converge on Portland, Oregon for General Assembly, a five-day conference with worship, business meetings, workshops and much more.

I'll be holding down the fort in Houston, catching some of the sessions online. 

Perfectly rational reasons for not attending GA, with happy plans of my own to look forward to, but it does not stop a certain amount of ache.

I will miss the excitement of so many people coming together.
I will miss seeing beloved colleagues and friends.
I will miss the learning and the rich discussions.
I will miss some really fantastic lectures and milestone moments.

My sons and I are already discussing the possibility of doing GA 2016 together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment