Monday, July 21, 2014

A Grand Day Out

Behold, my mother. 

One of my very favorite people in the whole wide world, and not just for that whole giving birth to me thing.

She's smart, hilarious, and has learned how to do so many things. Many of them require a patience I have yet to develop.

Today we drove to a nearby town for some walking and sightseeing and shopping, and just hanging out, the two of us*.

We were too early to go into most of the stores, so oh darn, we had to sit in a lovely park and chat.
Then we wandered around and took pictures of flowers she'd like to grow, tasted olive oils and balsamic, and bought a case of wine. 

There are benefits to this whole growing up thing. And it's not just the wine.

*Meanwhile my sons and my father visited the Harley Davidson museum and had cheeseburgers. Everybody wins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment