Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Adult Cereal


Grocery shopping can be an exercise in the surreal as long as you keep your eyes open.

Today's observations included a full rack of beef chopped for "Stri Fry", this unitasker of a mayo knife (use a spatula, people!) and my favorite--Adult Cereal.

Is this cereal X-, or just R-rated? Naughtily-shaped puffs? Perhaps those varieties go best with vodka? Maybe it just has adult themes like cannibalism or infidelity or estate planning.

Yes, Kids* Cereal was also an option, so fine. I looked up and down the aisle. Kids Cereal means sugar and fun shapes and colors. Adult Cereal means fiber. Multi-grains. Almonds. Far less exciting colors.

I grabbed the Rice Chex a son had requested, and gazed longingly at the Cocoa Puffs for a moment.

But apparently I'm supposed to be too old for those.
(Yet I will totally get them on vacation.)

*I know. Apostrophes would help us so much in so many endeavors. But there are better uses for my energy than taking on that fight, especially on a busy afternoon at the grocery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment