Saturday, May 3, 2014

What's My Line?

I watch an awful lot of movies. Like almost every evening. And I love love love dialogue. The lines that stick in my head or make me bust a gut.

I have the slightly spammy habit of posting favorite lines to Facebook. It is fun to see how quickly people identify the movie and how quickly people jump in with their own favorite lines from the film. And how quickly someone asks which channel it's on.   It's like we're in each other's houses, while all on our own couches. 

Tonight it's Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby. I could explain the deep meanings and whatnot of the movie, but let's face it- I watch it because it is hilarious. The Baby Jesus Prayer is a scene I can watch again and again. SO can my friends, if my Facebook wall is any indication.

At the same time, I know it's more than a little bit insider. (Not to mention dorky.)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment