Tuesday, May 27, 2014

#YesAllWomen

Thousands upon thousands of women are posting their stories on Twitter--sharing their experiences with gender discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual assault.

People of all genders are joining in the conversation, some in bewilderment and anger, but so many in witness and support.

I have spent much of the past few days trying to figure out what of my own to post.
Still not to a point of eloquence, heck, I'm not yet to fluency.

I know that I have my own crazy quilt of odd rules and cautions, ways to set boundaries and minimize risk, still with a certain knowledge that none of us are ever entirely safe.

I know that I have my things I'm still dealing with, both lived experiences and embodied expectations.

And in the meantime, I listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment